Continuing from first edition. Total 26 posts including 5 compilations.
- I’m Not So Great at Multitasking | Tom McFarlin – Facebook (nor Instagram), can get over it. But the challenge now is Pocket and Feedly…
- Self-Imposed Pressure in Programming | Tom McFarlin – Quality should be pursued. But Time sometimes can be the biggest enemy.
- How to Grunt and Gulp Your Way to Workflow Automation – Gulp sounds promising. But like ever read somewhere (forgot the link), if Grunt is enough for doing the jobs, then won’t necessary to learn the same tool.
And here’s another quote to strengthen the statement:
If you are using a really standard workflow with common steps like jshint, uglifying, css validating etc., Grunt is a good choice. If you are up to more complicated tasks, gulp will be a good wingman.
- Build and Publish Your Own Grunt Plugin – This is a good tutorial. But since won’t create one in the near future, just skim it for now.
- 10 of the Best Hosted Ecommerce Platforms – Known names are Shopify, BigCommerce, Wix, and Etsy. Half the others just heard the names.
- At first, thought need to add “nofollow” to all the links here. But on the second thought, it’s better not. Hopefully, it’s a right decision.
- Customizer typography project – Probably worth to check this Customizer Typography. And probably could be used too.
- One year since I stopped going it alone – Nice team. Really nice if could be one of this kind of team.
- An open letter on side projects – Be responsible. Noted.
- Adding Company Info to Your WordPress Site with Global Variables – Another tutorial done trying. What a productive day. Hope can keep continuing like this!
- Probably this post is a foreword to selling this Easy Content Types.
- Local WordPress development strategies and transparency in business — Draft podcast | Post Status – Second Podcast to hear. Finally found best times to hear podcasts like these.
- 2015 year in review – Good achievement ????
- Prosper With WordPress Freelancer Tom McFarlin | iThemes – Was one of the dream. But now, the dream is different.
- This is just another clean up. But still provides good guide and reminder.
- How to use WordPress Permalinks like an SEO Pro – iThemes – It’s basic stuff actually. Somehow can’t remember how this kind of post is strayed on the list.
- iThemes Sync & InfiniteWP are different, and for different people – It’s true sometimes can be confusing, when only look at the list of features. But it’ll indeed take time to try and review all options.
- The future of Woo support: how we’re planning to improve – Will be able to get there ? When to submit ?
- Why Site Speed Matters to Your Business – Press Up – Nothing new from this actually. Just for knowledge addition.
- Shared vs Managed WordPress Hosting – How To Choose The Right Service – This is related to this post. Pretty comprehensive explanation.
- A compilation of hosting things. Most of these speaks similar things, that is choosing between Shared Hosting, Managed WordPress, and VPS.
- Continue from Part 1.
- The Perfect WordPress Host (It Doesn’t Exist) | Tom McFarlin
- Is Managed WordPress Hosting Really Worth the Cost?
Mentioned here are WP Engine, Flywheel, Pressable (just heard), Media Temple for Managed WordPress.
For Shared Hosting are BlueHost, HostGator, GoDaddy, and SiteGround. No new names.
- Watch: Understanding Android and Java – So Android is basically Java. This is nostalgic. Bring back memories ????
- Ternary Operators Considered Harmful – Press Up – In short, use it if it’s a simple conditional. But don’t do it if it’s a complex one or even nested. Agree with this.
Keep it going.