- High Performers have no time for drama – Drama is distractions. And distraction is procrastination.
- Being A Developer After 40 — Free Code Camp – Recommended by many. Long read. Favourite quote:
Keep doing your thing, keep learning what you were learning, and move on. Pay attention to it only if you have a genuine interest…
- Converting Your Typographic Units with Sass – There are 4 units for typography: pixels, percentages, ems, and points. Noted.
- Simplify Your Stylesheets With The Magical CSS Viewport Units | Tutorialzine – First time acknowledge viewport units is when researching about WordPress responsive images. This adds more knowledge and shows how powerful viewport is.
- A Look at Length Units in CSS – Turns out there are many length units. Although not all recommended for development. Also discover the mystery behind
emand getting to know with
- Understanding and Using rem Units in CSS – More about
rem. And default font-size turns out
- All about Google AMP.
- An Introduction to Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) – An intro by SitePoint.
- What You Need to Know About Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs) – Whiteboard Friday – Moz – AMP is (basically) a Diet HTML.
- Turn Your AMP Up To 11: Everything You Need To Know About Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages – Smashing Magazine – Complete guide.
- Taking AMP for a Spin | CSS-Tricks – No support for scripts is (made) a big deal.
- AMP Up Your WordPress Site with Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages – Guide for customizing the default style when using WordPress AMP plugin.
- Facebook Instant Articles vs AMP vs Apple News for WordPress – WPMU DEV – Nice comparation between the three.
- Learn from some experienced WordPress expert. Too bad not all AMA is covered by Torque.
- 5 Takeaways From AMA With Pippin Williamson
- 5 Takeaways from Adii Pienaar’s AMA
- 5 Takeaways from Jason Cohen’s AMA
- 5 Takeaways from Chris Lema’s AMA
- 5 Takeaways from Rachel Carden’s AMA
- 5 Takeaways from Collis Ta’eed’s AMA
- 5 Takeaways from Cory Miller’s AMA
- 5 Takeaways from Brian Gardner’s AMA
- 5 Takeaways from James Farmer’s AMA
- 5 Takeaways From This Week’s AMA With Josh Pollock | @thetorquemag
- 5 Takeaways From This Week’s AMA With Mark Forrester | @thetorquemag
- 5 Takeaways From This Week’s AMA With Jeff Chandler | @thetorquemag
- 5 Takeaways From This Week’s AMA With Remkus de Vries | @thetorquemag
- The Decline of Drupal, or How to Fix Drupal 8 | MikeSchinkel.com – Never had a chance to touch Drupal. Fall for WordPress at the time.
- Slides by Designmodo Review – A Fantastic New Site Generator – Seems nice. And apparently it’s not the NodeJS based type. But pricey though, $249.
- WordPress vs Ghost – Which Is Better? – It’s rather biased. But would like to try Ghost some other time.
- Weebly vs WordPress – Choosing The Right Platform! – Finally a little bit understand why one of friends choose Weebly instead.
- Exploring Different CMS Solutions Built on Node.js – Meet with the new players. Before only know Ghost.
- Getting to know with Static Website Generators. Also see 4 samples of them – Jekyll, Middleman, Roots, Hugo.
- Building a WordPress Ajax Theme – Deluxe Blog Tips – Would love to build a theme such like this. Prefer the WP API way, though.
- Some useful tips regarding working with AJAX in WordPress.
- Keeping Separate Files for Ajax in WordPress | Tom McFarlin
- Ajax in WordPress: Procedural Programming | Tom McFarlin – Only a preview post. Will get to the real one later.
- Object-Oriented Ajax in WordPress | Tom McFarlin – Same as above. The continuation actually.
- Priority of Ajax in WordPress | Tom McFarlin
- How to Limit Heartbeat API in WordPress – Already heard about Heartbeat API before. But can’t remember where.
- Musings on Customizer as Future Admin Interface – Honestly, still prefer the looks of Calypso (WordPress.com new dashboard) than the Customizer.
- Theming with the REST API – Meet Picard – Would like to check this Picard and Tango. And if possible, in the future, create ones like them.
Closing AMA, AMP, and WordPress alternatives topics. Git is missed, but can get to that next week. Also starting to eliminate AJAX, API and Customizer one by one.